Collaboration. The strength of an educator.
Welcome Professional Partners. The University of South Florida College of Education (COE) has made a decision to intentionally break down walls that have traditionally separated colleges of education from the work being done in schools, non-profit organizations, and commercial enterprises related to education in our community. This strategy is evident in several facets of our work:
- The voices and opinions of our professional partners were directly sought as we developed our own COE Conceptual Framework;
- Our professional partners serve alongside our professors in the evaluation of our programs and recommend changes to existing practices in the COE;
- We develop and refine our approach to educator preparation with our active Memoranda of understanding with Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte Counties;
- Our deepening commitment to Arts Integration and clinical education leading to a brighter future;
- We coordinate our activities in the field through the Office of Field Experience, led by Dr. Janet King;
- We regularly survey the employers of our graduates to find areas of strength, and weakness, in our programs; and
- Cooperating teachers, internship supervisors, and others in the field are considered Associated School Faculty in the COE, and their contributions are recognized in a formal way.
Interested in partnering with us? Drop a line to Dean Terry A. Osborn at firstname.lastname@example.org.